To make a cheesecake MSF-style, you will need the following ingredients:
A sneak peak of the final product. Photo: Chris Sweeney/MSF
2. Turn on the gas oven. It has two settings; “is the oven working?” and “I can’t enter the kitchen because the stove is propelling heat across the room like a jet engine”. I recommend the second option.
3. Place a thick tray on the bottom shelf so that the flames don’t touch the cheesecake, but instead lick around the tray.
4. Unwrap cheese triangles. At triangle 30, start to think this was a bad idea.
5. Beat the cheese. After 30 minutes of profuse sweating in the 40 degree kitchen, a colleague will see you and share that there is a blender in the cupboard.
6. Place beaten cheese into the blender with everything else (minus the chocolate).
7. Apologise to your colleague who cannot hear her Nigerian soap operas because the blender sounds like a motorbike.
8. Melt chocolate by taking it out of the fridge. Squeeze into the mix.
9. Scoop the mix onto your biscuity base. Place on the middle shelf of the oven. Switch oven off after one hour and leave it in there for one hour without heat. Don’t ask why this second hour is important – it is Google’s advice.
10. Leave in fridge overnight.
11. Present the cheesecake and tell everyone there is afternoon tea.
12. Listen to colleagues remind you that you’re British.
And there you have it! Your very own cheesecake, MSF-style!