There were six inpatients in the hospital today when I left.
Today, the plan was to pack up one of the operating rooms. Tomorrow, it is supposed to be moved.
So, at 8am, the operating team was asking for boxes. They received them at about 0915h. At 10am, they had finished packing Salle-A. By 11am, even the cleaning was done.
Really, the whole hospital has packing fever, even services that are not due to pack and move for another week. I find myself having to restrain them from getting too far ahead of the plan. I think the staff are very enthusiastic to leave this building.
The problem with the operating room is that the day they move has been delayed. The new hospital isn't ready yet: workers are still tiling and painting and wiring the surgical block, and there is dust everywhere. Putting equipment in now would not be good for it.
We have built some buffer time into the schedule, so it's OK, more or less, that the OR can't go in until Monday or Tuesday. Only, it means that if anything else poses a problem for that service, we might be in trouble for the opening of the new hospital.
So, since the OR can't go into the rental truck tomorrow, logistics plans to move beds from the post-partum ward. They weren't scheduled to go until Day -2, but they have been ready since yesterday.